Fabulous Sixties

ken-scott-11


Was it just yesterday?
A new restaurant opened in the late Sixties in Milan and it was called "Eats & Drinks". The patron was an American stylist, Ken Scott, very well known then for his mastering of colors and floral patterns and, in tune with the revolutionary period, he revolutionized the floral style, from an old lady tea party look to a young and vibrant one.

ken-scott-01

It was an avant-garde concept in interior design, a total-look restaurant and from the picture above it could have opened a week ago and still look contemporary. What do you think? Note also the wall mounted lights, designed by Tobia Scarpa for Flos back then, timeless!
It was the first time I savored a cheese-cake and I still remember the taste of cornbread, unknown to me and majority of Italians back then.
Ken Scott was a fashion designer, a textile designer, a painter and a smart businessman, the Foundation created by him preserves the original design and now Home Collection Roma produces them.
After many years his prints for fashion and decoration are back and they had a great success at I Saloni 2009 (Milan International Furniture fair).
In Milan a new flagship store opened a few months ago and it was fun to browse and to recognize patterns I had on me so many years ago (a bag, a dress, a shirt, which I wore when my hair were much longer than my skirt! and patterns on pillows long gone from my house, which would be absolutely great to still have, but no worries... since I can buy new ones now that my hair/skirt ratio has reversed!).


A ceiling light with geraniums.
ken-scott-02



Chair, tablecloth, lamp...a cheerful vignette
ken-scott-06




Snaidero kitchen with stools upholstered in K.S. pattern.
ken-scott-07


ken-scott-09




"Velvet" chair by Poliform with hydrangeas.

ken-scott-10



Table lamps "Portofino" by Venini, Murano.
ken-scott-03



Another linen with vivid colors.
ken-scott-04

Timeless contemporary pieces coming back from the past.

If you want to be with me for "Milan Design Week" Tour, please click on "The event is back"
You have read this articleDesigners / Milan / Stores / Tent London Interiors / Textiles with the title Fabulous Sixties. You can bookmark this page URL http://tentlondon.blogspot.com/2010/01/fabulous-sixties_8.html. Thanks!
Write by: A-Efendy - Friday, January 8, 2010

Comments "Fabulous Sixties"

Post a Comment