Reflecting on Milan Design Week

I will write again soon about the intense week of “I Saloni” in Milan but today I just want to give you some of my thoughts to summarize the experience.
It was a fairly good success, considering the world economy still recovering and the chaos of the European skies created by the ashes of the Icelandic volcano, which stopped for days flights in and out of Europe, with cancellations of participants and major consequences for the economy.
I can easily say that this year at even a greater level the winners were companies devoted to research, to the use of new materials and to a sustainable way of production.

I Saloni 2010 270

I Saloni 2010 276
Tubes has the most appealing heaters for a bathroom, a sculpture that gives warm and dry towels, a necessary luxury.

It was clear that companies instead of crying on the crisis have taken the courageous path to new territories with the willingness of renewing themselves, this was evident and we will see the results later on this year. Design returns to serve who uses the objects, which need to be useful not just beautiful. Function first then form.

I Saloni 2010 045

I Saloni 2010 051
Zanotta chairs, so comfortable and beautiful.
Comfort and the use of modular pieces, sectional sofas, bookcases we can arrange as we like and everything in modules, only changing dimensions and colors, create a simplified way of living our house and easily furnish a small apartment or a much larger loft.


I Saloni 2010 374



I Saloni 2010 444

With a clever use of a groove all these elements can be easily moved, gently sliding the pieces in and out, and they can be reassembled in any other forms or dimensions. Martino Gamper bookcase is also free standing and it does not need any support to the wall.


I Saloni 2010 060
Moroso Sushi pieces.


I Saloni 2010 063
The timeless beauty of Thonet furniture.



I Saloni 2010 080
The innovative design of the Campana brothers.



I Saloni 2010 083
Black is back.



I Saloni 2010 084 


I Saloni 2010 086



I Saloni 2010 094
An interesting table with a concave space in the middle for flower arrangements, fruit, bottles or whatever comes to mind, candles perhaps?


I Saloni 2010 140
MagnetiKa leaves the composition of the elements to us, pieces can be repositioned in a moment.


I Saloni 2010 150
Gorgeous lights by Moooi can bring a touch of nature to any room.


I Saloni 2010 197
A kitchen with a herb-garden ready to be used.



I Saloni 2010 070
Tom Dixon Mesh chairs.


Could we call all this attention to:

comfort

nature

lightness

freedom

the New Deal of Design?

Photography© by Albarosa Simonetti
You have read this articleI Saloni / Interior design / Tent London Interiors with the title Reflecting on Milan Design Week. You can bookmark this page URL http://tentlondon.blogspot.com/2010/04/reflecting-on-milan-design-week_29.html. Thanks!
Write by: A-Efendy - Thursday, April 29, 2010

Comments "Reflecting on Milan Design Week"

Post a Comment