I love books


An exquisite antique bookcase filled with art books and art at a friend’s house.

I love books …from a passionate bibliophile who thinks that a house without books and only a huge TV screen is really scaring a few ideas to use or re-use old books we don’t have the courage, I confess I would not…, to throw away.



I Saloni 2010 097

They could become a piece of furniture by themselves like in the image above and the tables below as seen at Milan Furniture fair.


I Saloni 2010 099



I Saloni 2010 098

A bookcase filled with culture.

I Saloni 2010 100

Or a table created with lacquered books, impossible to read but evocative of knowledge.


I Saloni 2010 294

A room and a bookcase I particularly like and part of a future post.

13_b_libreria-soluzioni-cas 

A bookcase designed by Vico Magistretti for his own studio in his Milanese house.

16_b_libreria-soluzioni-cas

And now I want to share two short horror stories:
Once I had a client asking for a “few feet of books” to fill the new bookcase, I almost fainted.
Another time I met a lady whose business was to fill the video library of wealthy people with Home theatre…I fainted!
Please give me your thoughts on this subject, I am really curious to know how you and your clients relate to books, any interesting or simply funny stories?

Photography by Albarosa Simonetti; last two pictures source unknown.
You have read this articleBooks / Furniture / Tent London Interiors with the title I love books. You can bookmark this page URL http://tentlondon.blogspot.com/2010/05/i-love-books_20.html. Thanks!
Write by: A-Efendy - Thursday, May 20, 2010

Comments "I love books"

Post a Comment